Guys - any solution to Disqus High CPU load issue?

disqus
wordpress

(App Shah) #1

Hi All -
I’ve tried a lot fixing Disqus High CPU usage issue. Only solution worked for me is to adding rules into .htaccess file to block wp-cron.php tasks:

Detail tips: https://crunchify.com/noticed-higher-cpu-memory-usage-for-wp-site-wordpress-optimization-guide-htaccess-tricks-disqus-problem/

Here is a open bug on official disqus github repo. Anybody wants to provide help?

(Ankur Jain) #2

Just a suggestion, I guess you are trying to lazy-load the disqus commenting. The issue is it doesn’t load at all on your website or if it does it takes a lot of time.

Why not move to standard WP commenting? I find that really good even from SEO point of view. Google indexes comments content as well.

(App Shah) #3

In my experience, if you have more than ~100 comments per post then default WordPress comments are really slow and takes long time to load with all Gravatar images too…

In order to solve above Disqus CPU issue I’m using custom solution via .htaccess file.

Added below code block to my .htaccess file and blocking all cron jobs forcefully.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !=""
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^s=.*
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^p=.*
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^ver=.*
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp-admin.*
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1? [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

Copyright © 2018 Crunchify, LLC.  •  WordPress Services  •  Contact  •  Hosted at DiscourseHosting.