Is Adsense adding box shadow to it's text link ads?

css
ads
adsense

(App Shah) #1

I started noticed below text shadow to text link in last few days?

Have you noticed the same? Here is a CSS code Google is adding now.

.alt {
    box-shadow: 0px 0.5px 0px inset,0px -0.5px 0px inset,0.5px 0px 0px inset, -0.5px 0px 0px inset, 0px 1px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.35) inset,0px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
    border-radius: 6px;
    padding-left: 3px;
    padding-right: 3px;
    text-decoration: none !important;
}

(Janet R.) #2

Hello,
I sent you 2 emails about this issue, wondering if you’d found a solution. Yes I too have this exact same problem with my link units. One day they were fine, the next they had this horrible shadow effect. Did you ever figure out why this is happening?

Thank you

(App Shah) #3

Hi Janet. Seems Google Adsense itself adding these CSS… Might be some testing at their end. I ended up removing text ads on Crunchify because of that.

Still there is no official words from #adsense on it.

(Janet R.) #4

I am considering removing mine too. I don’t need buttons with a hover, I need text. I cringe at the thought of a visitor to my blog thinking I intentionally designed the links that way. It’s…embarrassing. :frowning:. I don’t see anyone else talking about it, but I see it’s effects on everyone’s link units. I hope they fix this asap! Best, -J.

Copyright © 2018 Crunchify, LLC.  •  WordPress Services  •  Contact  •  Hosted at DiscourseHosting.